Congratulations Jennifer Tadder on being the 2015 Homebrewer of the Year!!
BHG Homebrewer Of the Year 2015 Standings
Feb Club Comp (SVM)
NHC First Round
April Club Comp (Black Lager)
June Club Comp (Smoked Beers)
Best of the Bay
Aug Club Comp (IPA)
Oct Club Comp (Weizenbock)
Dec Club Comp (Cal Common)
The Local Cup
|Bill Arthurs / Michael Gan||21||1||1||19|
|Michael Gan / Chris Denny||1||1|
|Melissa & Doug||1||1|
This will be the fourth year for the Bellingham Homebrewers Guild Homebrewer of the Year (aka HomeBOY). The HomeBOY will be an opportunity for those so inclined, to compete in a group of regional competitions and earn points. The goal of having the HomeBOY competition is to encourage people to brew more, and to try brewing different styles of beer. The competition is open to all voting members of the club. Points will be awarded for brewing and competing in a list of qualified competitions. Points will be awarded on the following basis:
- 1 point is granted for submitting a single entry to an eligible competition.
- 2 points are granted for submitting multiple entries to an eligible competition (not applicable to Club Only Competition)
- 1 point granted for the People’s Choice for any COC entry.
- 1 point granted for the Judge’s Choice for any COC entry.
- 1 additional point granted for each entry scoring 3rd place per eligible (non-COC) competition.
- 3 additional points granted for each entry scoring 2nd place per eligible (non-COC) competition.
- 5 additional points granted for each entry scoring 1st place per eligible (non-COC) competition.
- 3 additional points granted for an entry recognized as “best of show” per (non-COC) eligible competition.
For example, a brewer that submits two entries in which one wins 1st place and best of show, that brewer will receive 2 points for multiple entries, 5 points for the first place and 3 more points for best of show for a total of 10 points for that competition.
For a complete list of qualified competitions for 2015 such that you can plan some of your brewing around the HomeBOY comp see the competition calendar page and the club comp page. To receive points for entering these competitions, email Chris Brehm with how many beers you entered, and to what competition.
So why should you compete in the BHG HomeBOY? Aside from the all important bragging rights, you will get lots of feedback from BJCP judges which will help improve your brewing. The winner will also receive the HomeBOY trophy and have their name immortalized on the BHG HomeBOY plaque. This year’s winner will also get to collaborate on brewing a Pro-Am batch with our friends at Aslan Brewing for the WA Beer Awards!!