Congratulations Jeremy Reeves on being the 2014 Homebrewer of the Year!!
BHG Homebrewer Of the Year 2014 Standings
One Google Account for everything Google
This will be the third year for the Bellingham Homebrewers Guild Homebrewer of the Year (aka HomeBOY). The HomeBOY will be an opportunity for those so inclined, to compete in a group of regional competitions and earn points. The goal of having the HomeBOY competition is to encourage people to brew more, and to try brewing different styles of beer. The competition is open to all voting members of the club. Points will be awarded for brewing and competing in a list of qualified competitions. Points will be awarded on the following basis:
- 1 point is granted for submitting a single entry to an eligible competition.
- 2 points are granted for submitting multiple entries to an eligible competition (not applicable to Club Only Competition)
- 1 point granted for the People’s Choice for any COC entry.
- 1 point granted for the Judge’s Choice for any COC entry.
- 1 additional point granted for each entry scoring 3rd place per eligible (non-COC) competition.
- 3 additional points granted for each entry scoring 2nd place per eligible (non-COC) competition.
- 5 additional points granted for each entry scoring 1st place per eligible (non-COC) competition.
- 3 additional points granted for an entry recognized as “best of show” per (non-COC) eligible competition.
For example, a brewer that submits two entries in which one wins 1st place and best of show, that brewer will receive 2 points for multiple entries, 5 points for the first place and 3 more points for best of show for a total of 10 points for that competition.
The following are the qualified competitions for 2014 such that you can plan some of your brewing around the HomeBOY comp. To receive points for entering these competitions, email Justin Bajema with how many beers you entered, and to what competition. Specific information on these competitions can be found on the WAHA website at wahomebrewers.org.
- GEBL Hop Madness – Feb 2th, entries due Jan 29th
- Cascade Brewers Cup – April 26
- First Round NHC – Late April/Early March
- The Local Brewers Cup – May – Sept
- Best of the Bay – Late July – August
- Evergreen State Fair – August
- Skagit County Fair – August
- Northwest Washington Fair – August
- XBrew – September
- Novembeerfest – November
- Northsound Winter Homebrew Competition – December
So why should you compete in the BHG HomeBOY? Aside from the all important bragging rights, you will get lots of feedback from BJCP judges which will help improve your brewing. The winner will also receive the HomeBOY trophy, and this year’s fabulous prize is the opportunity to brew 15 barrels of your recipe at Aslan Brewing Co.